Board Member & Senior Executive Advisor - HR & Labor Investigations,
Subject Matter Expert in Human Resource Operations and in Labor & HR Investigations,
President & CEO, HRCONTEMPO, and
English and Spanish bilingual
11710 Plaza America Drive, Suite 300
Reston, VA 20190 USA
Betsy Irizarry (American citizen) serves as a Board Member and Senior Advisor to RKA Worldwide. In addition, she offers expertise to clients on HR and labor investigations. She resides in Florida with her family.
With leadership presence and residing in the Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and New York metro areas; Miami; Houston; Austin; Atlanta; Columbus; Tampa; Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Quito, Ecuador; Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City; Brisbane, Australia; and Cologne, Germany, the firm principals are repeatedly sought-after in high stakes forensic, integrity services and special investigation, as well as risk, security/executive protection, litigation support, and compliance advisory services. They have worked for or served the world’s largest, most recognized, and respected companies. Together, RKA multi-lingual leaders some which are certified public accountants, accredited business valuators, certified internal auditors and certified fraud examiners, others certified in financial forensics, project management, audit leadership, government and information systems audit, and risk management, licensed attorneys, and personal protection specialists. We have decades of experience as former Fortune 30 senior executives, including CEOs and Board/Audit Committee members, Big4 accounting firm partners, external and internal auditors, compliance advisors, protection and intelligence community personnel, United States federal prosecutors, and state and federal American and foreign law enforcement and armed forces commissioned officers.
Betsy Irizarry represents over 25 years of demonstrated experience in building successful human resources organizations and economic value strategies for emerging and progressive companies. Her expertise in the professional services, healthcare, and educational industries contributes to her high degree of knowledge in building value-based human capital across multi-generational and multi-competency workforces. Her leadership and management skills drive human resource management into a new strategic age by leveraging an integrated management model focused on bottom-line savings while optimizing human capital.
Betsy is the President and CEO of HR CONTEMPO, in the Tampa Bay area. Prior to establishing HR CONTEMPO, Betsy was the chief human resources officer for PMSI, Inc., a mid-sized, Tampa-based, national organization with over 600 associates delivering proven solutions for workers’ compensation cost containment. She was responsible for the company’s human and intellectual capital and facility management, and also led PMSI to receive the Gold Fit-Friendly Award, place as a finalist for the 2012/2013 Healthiest Employer Award, and receive a listing in the “Top 100 Healthiest Employers” in America. Betsy has established partnerships with major companies and has a proven record of managing projects to meet established objectives.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND MEMBERSHIPS
- M.B.A., Tampa College/Florida Atlantic University
- B.S., University of Puerto Rico
- Professional Development Institute (PDI) Certified Trainer
- Zenger Miller Global-Level Skills Modules Trainer Certification
- Linkage, Inc. Organizational Development Certificate
- ADP Client Advisory Council
- Executive Sponsor of the Recruitment Network of Tampa Bay
- Ambassador for The Tampa Bay Economic Development Organization
- University of Tampa Employer Advisory Board
- Aetna Tampa Bay Advisory Council
- Tampa Bay Partnership – Ambassador Program
- Board Member of CareerSource Tampa Bay – Workforce Solutions
- Board of Director Member of Women in Technology International (WITI)
- Active member of the Society for Human Resource Management Association
- Committee member of the 2013 Executive Leadership Summit – HR Florida State Council
SPEAKING AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2014 – Wave Tech Start Up – HR Basics for Start ups!
- 2014 – Florida Diversity Council – Generational differences and how it impacts leaders and organization
- 2014 – Professional Network Group – How to overcome obstacles in your job search
- 2014 – Working Women Conference
- 2013 Florida National Diversity Conference
- 2007 Call Center Week
- 2008 Annual Call Center Summit
- 4th Annual Recruitment Trends Program sponsored by University of Tampa
- Tampa Bay Florida Diversity Council Meeting
- CareerSource, University of Tampa and other institutional recruiting events
- Professorship at Hawaii Pacific University – undergraduate business degree
- 2013 Most Powerful and Influential Women from the Florida Diversity Council
Finalist for the 2014 Business Woman Of the Year Award – Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2007 Innovations Operations Award – HR Sharepoint Core Value Award Winner – PharMerica Corporation
While RKA Worldwide Group LLC (USA) and RKA Worldwide do Brasil Consultoria and companies in formation, RKA Worldwide de Colombia SAS, RKA Worldwide de Argentina SA, and RKA Worldwide Security and Protection LLC, may employ, associate and/or contract with attorneys and CPAs, we are not public accounting firms nor law firms nor are we registered as such.