Group Chief Security Officer, Senior Executive Advisor, and
Global Head, Executive Protection and Security Consulting
Rua Afonso Celso, #982, Sala 64
Sao Paulo, SP Brasil 04119-060
11710 Plaza America Drive, Suite 300
Reston, VA 20190 USA
Flavio Trivella (Brazilian citizen), a licensed attorney in Brazil, has over 33 years of experience in public-safety management, combating criminal activity, organized crime, domestic threats, corruption and terrorism, Flavio serves in dual company roles as the Global Head of Executive Protection and Security Consulting as well as the firm’s Chief Security Officer. Flavio has served as one of Brazil’s most prominent law enforcement executives and officials as the Chief of Police in Sao Paulo, Brazil. During this time, he developed a unique skill-set that combines criminal and civil investigation, intelligence gathering and high-level executive VIP protection for the highest echelons of the Brazilian government. Flavio also collaborated closely with and established vital contacts among police forces, government agencies, security companies and intelligence professionals worldwide. He lives with his family in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
With leadership presence and residing in the Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and New York metro areas; Miami; Houston; Austin; Atlanta; Columbus; Tampa; Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Quito, Ecuador; Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City; Brisbane, Australia; and Cologne, Germany, the firm principals are repeatedly sought-after in high stakes forensic, integrity services and special investigation, as well as risk, security/executive protection, litigation support, and compliance advisory services. They have worked for or served the world’s largest, most recognized, and respected companies. Together, RKA multi-lingual leaders some which are certified public accountants, accredited business valuators, certified internal auditors and certified fraud examiners, others certified in financial forensics, project management, audit leadership, government and information systems audit, and risk management, licensed attorneys, and personal protection specialists. We have decades of experience as former Fortune 30 senior executives, including CEOs and Board/Audit Committee members, Big4 accounting firm partners, external and internal auditors, compliance advisors, protection and intelligence community personnel, United States federal prosecutors, and state and federal American and foreign law enforcement and armed forces commissioned officers.
His career includes serving for several years as part of the elite Presidential Protective Services Detail (PSD) and being personally responsible for protecting the lives of several Brazilian presidents, their families, and numerous foreign heads of state and government officials during their visits to Brazil, including several US Presidents. The skills he have acquired over the years are vast and include the capacity to provide organizational leadership during times of crisis, the development and execution of continuity and contingency plans, conducting criminal, corruption and other investigations, and designing and implementing security plans to protect people and assets. Flavio regularly consults on and/or provide security-program management, threat and risk assessments, analyses of the physical and electronic security of buildings, emergency-response planning, security training, internal audits, corporate operations, security-risk management for loss and fraud prevention, facility security and intelligence specific to internal affairs, intelligence gathering and management, human-resource management, budget development and operational supervision.
Flavio takes pride in being internationally recognized as an expert on matters of security, protection and operations, and have been invited to teach PSD protocol at the training academies of every police agency in Brazil.
- Head of Sao Paulo State Civil Police Department, working in the Property Crimes, Narcotics, Homicides, Intelligence and Patrol as well as Police Stations and Managing Director of several public prisons.
- Development, coordination and resolution of several cases of investigations and of kidnapping, drug trafficking, arms and smuggling, international trafficking of organs and human beings, murder and many other types of crimes.
- Head of the Federal Police, Dignitary Protective Division in Sao Paulo at the Federal Police Headquarters. Main duties included: Judiciary Police, Investigations, Planning, Coordination and Execution of Physical Integrity measures and Personal Security of Chiefs of State and Chiefs of Government in visit to Brazil, candidates to the Presidency of the Republic, as well as the Planning, Coordination and Execution of major events in which the Authorities to be protected are involved, besides the management of Security Staff and Security Resources in Sao Paulo.
- The Head of Federal Police directs, administers and coordinates all available investigative and executive protection resources of the Federal Police of Brazil within the State.
- This person provides direct leadership and supervision of the agency’s personnel assigned to the state, is responsible for overseeing all criminal investigations to include federal crimes investigations and specific job assignments to individual agents, evaluates and provides performance reviews of agency personnel, and makes assignments which constitute the agent’s primary job responsibility.
- The Head of Federal Police ensures that agents are properly trained and equipped with vehicles, firearms, credentials, evidence collections equipment, and other issued equipment. He is responsible for ensuring that all investigative reports which relate to investigations conducted by agents meet agency guidelines. He establishes and maintains close liaison with the State and local law enforcement agencies, providing both technical and investigative assistance to law enforcement agencies upon request.
This position answers numerous inquiries concerning the Federal Police’s dual role involving executive protection and criminal investigations and served as the primary spokesperson to all media requests.
- Coordination of the 11th UNCTAD – United Nations Conference on Trade and Development – Sao Paulo – 2004.
- Coordination of the UADIP – Police Intelligence Unit of Institutional Defense Office of the Federal Police of Brazil in Sao Paulo – 2006/2007.
- Planning, coordination and execution in 2006, Aphrodite Operation against trafficking of human beings and sexual exploration.
- Coordination of the Management Committee of Federal Police of Brazil for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil – 2011/2014.
- Coordination of the Management Committee of Federal Police of Brazil for the 2016 Olympic Games – Rio de Janeiro – Brazil – 2016.
- Currently working as Head of the Federal Police in charge in Sao Paulo, using all available intelligence resources to succeed in the investigation of crimes of federal jurisdiction.
- Conducting and leading teams in high-profile international criminal investigations (complex white collar crime, money laundering and domestic/ foreign corruption, organized crime, theft of intellectual property); national management of the National Security and Criminal Investigative programs; public policy development and implementation; and strategy formulation and execution.
- Competencies: Complex Fraud Investigation, Money Laundering Investigation, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Matters, Criminal Enterprise Investigation, Anti-Trust, Intelligence Collection and analysis, Forensic Accounting, Strategy Management, Threat Assessment/Risk Analysis, and Policy Formulation.
Specialization in English language by the Stetson University/ELS Language Center, Orlando, Florida, USA – 2014;
Specialization course in methods and techniques of public administration, police and criminal science activities for direction, supervision, coordination, advice and control of the federal police agency and criminal investigations in Professional Development Course for Heads of Police Special Class at the
School of police by the National Academy of Police of the Federal Police of Brazil , Brasilia, Brazil – 2013;
Specialization course in Security Management and Loss Prevention, Development and implementation of comprehensive security programs, related topics of risk management, loss prevention, internal controls, and developing security countermeasures by the NorQuest College, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – 2012;
Specialization course in Protection, Counterterrorism Management Specialization, Israeli protection concepts, methods and tactics, assessment, planning and execution of protection arrays, information, data and knowledge protection, live practice in middle eastern countries by The International Security Academy, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel – 2012.
Specialization course on the Reid technique of interviewing and interrogation, Advanced Module on the Reid technique of interviewing and interrogation, by John E.Reid and Associates, Inc. and United States Embassy, Chicago, USA – 2011;
Specialization course on Security for Big Sports Events, Ports, Airports and Critic Infrastructure by the Israeli Consulate General in Sao Paulo, in combination with the Israeli delegation of public and private security, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2011;
Specialization course in Protection of important Personalities and Techniques for displacements on foot and in vehicles, Tactics of Medical Emergencies, Adjusted shooting for personal protection near important personalities, Personnel Defense, Planning of motorcades, Techniques for security of Important personalities, Protective Driving Techniques, Techniques of
Emergency Evacuation, Operational Planning in Security of Important Personalities, Ambush Countermeasures, Anti-bomb Scanning Techniques, all of them done at Groupe d’Appui des Hautes Personnalités of the Service de Protection Des Hautes Personnalites of the Police Nationale de La France from the Ministère de L’Interieur de La Republique Française, Saint Malo, France – 2010;
Specialization course in Security and Protection of Dignitaries, Protective Driving Techniques, Protective Operations Trends in Cyber Crimes, the Electronic Crimes Task Force model, Counterfeit money, Forensic Services, Financial Crimes in False Identity, Implementing of Task Forces, Tactics of Anti-terrorism, Tactics of Medical Emergencies, Counter-assault Techniques, Counter sniper and Counter surveillance, Techniques on Operations of Personal Security measures, Emergency Evacuation Techniques, Ambush Countermeasures, Techniques for setting up motorcades for the Security of Dignitaries, Techniques of Displacement on Foot and Vehicle Security, Operational Planning on Security of Dignitaries, Techniques of prevention in Operations of Personal Security, Assassination Prevention, Behavior Approach Techniques, Anti-bomb Scanning Techniques, all of them by the United States Secret Service from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington DC, USA – 2009
Specialization course in Cyber Crimes by the United States Secret Service held in Civil Police Academy in Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2008;
Specialization in English language by the Eastern New Mexico University, Roswell, New Mexico, USA – 2008;
Specialization course in Improvised Explosive Devices at New Mexico Tech, Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center, Roswell, New Mexico, USA – 2008;
Specialization course in Administration and Advanced Management of Public Safety, Crisis Management, Crisis Management in Hostage Rescue, Risk Control Management, Security Planning in Buildings, Negotiation in Hostage Rescue, Command and Leadership, Study on World Violent Groups, Organized Crime, Maintenance of Civil Society, Ethics in the Police, Types of Crimes, Terrorism and Counterterrorism techniques, Medical Aid Techniques, Problems of Public Safety, Strategic Planning for Police Operations, Use of Human Resources, Technological Security, Management and Resources Allocation for Police, all of them by the U.S. Department of State-International Law Enforcement Academy, New Mexico, USA – 2008;
Specialization course in Human Nutrition and Sport Physiology. Introduction to human metabolism, Bioenergetics, Neuromuscular Physiology applied to the exercise, Cardiopulmonary Physiology applied to physical exercise, Biomechanical and kinesiological Bases of Strength Training, Methodological Foundations of Strength Training, Methodology of aerobic training, Functional training, Advanced Topics in Training, Basic nutrition and sports, Advanced Topics in Sports Nutrition by the U.S Army, Roswell Army Military Base, Roswell, New Mexico, USA – 2008;
Specialization in English language by the Cultura Inglesa Language Center, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2007
Specialization course in Human Resources Management by the Regional Federal Police Headquarters in Sao Paulo, Federal Police of Brazil, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2007;
Specialization course in Terrorism and Counterterrorism and Explosive Devices by the Israeli Consulate General in Sao Paulo combination with the Prosecution Office of Sao Paulo, Brazil -2006;
Specialization course as Firearms Instructor by the National Academy of Police of the Federal Police of Brazil, Brasilia, Brazil – 2006;
Specialization course in Security of Dignitaries, Protective Driving Techniques, Personal Defense, Ceremonial and Etiquette, by the National Academy of Police of the Federal Police of Brazil, Brasilia, Brazil – 2005;
Specialization course in Police Communication, Telecommunication and Radio Communication, Police Information and Counter-information, Police Intelligence and Counter-intelligence, Information Technology, Measures Against High Technology Crimes by the Division of High Technology Crimes, Police Database Systems Making Techniques, Systems of International Communication, Device Operations of Mobile Communications, International Investigation Cooperation, all of them by the National Police Agency – Japan, from the Japan International Cooperation Agency, Tokyo, Japan – 2005;
Specialization course in Emergency First Aid by the Brazilian Red Cross, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2003;
Specialization course in International Human Trafficking by the United
Nations Office in partnership with the Ministry of Justice and Complexo Jurídico Damásio de Jesus, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2003;
Specialization course in Prevention and Education on Narcotics at the State’s Department of Narcotics Investigations of the Civil Police of the Secretary of Public Safety of Sao Paulo State, Brazil – 1997;
Specialization in Criminal Procedural Law at Pontificia Universidade Católica de Sao Paulo, Brazil – not completed – 1994;
Specialization course in Automatic Weapons and Shooting by the Academy of the Civil Police of the Secretary of Public Safety of Sao Paulo State, Brazil – 1993;
Specialization in Defense Shooting at Rossi Weapons and Ammunition, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 1992.
- Stetson University/ELS Language Center, Orlando, Florida, USA – 2014.
- NorQuest College, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – 2012.
- International Security Academy, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel – 2012.
- Reid Institute by John E.Reid and Associates, Inc., Chicago – USA – 2011.
- Ecole Nationale de Police de St. Malo- Groupe d’Appui des Hautes Personnalités of the Service de Protection Des Hautes Personnalites of the Police Nationale de La France from the Ministère de L’Interieur de La Republique Française, Saint Malo, France– 2010
- United States Secret Service Training Center (JJRTC) – Washington D.C., USA – 2009
- New Mexico Tech, Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center, New Mexico – USA – 2008
- Eastern New Mexico University, Roswell, New México, USA- 2008 U.S. Army, Roswell Army Military Base- New Mexico , USA -2008
- U.S. Department of State – International Law Enforcement Academy, New Mexico, USA – 2008
- Cultura Inglesa Language Center, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2007
- National Police Agency Academy, Tokyo, Japan – 2005
- Academia Nacional de Policia, Brasília DF, Brazil – 2003, 2005, 2006, 2013
- Former center of the Brazilian Red Cross, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2003
- United Nations Office, Sao Paulo, Brazil – 2003
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Sao Paulo, Brazil – 1994
- Academia da Policia Civil do Estado de Sao Paulo, Brazil – 1991
- UNIFIEO – Law – Sao Paulo, Brazil – 1988
- Instituto Presbiteriano Mackenzie – Sao Paulo – Brazil – 1983
- Portuguese- Native Proficiency
- Spanish – Elementary Proficiency
- English – Professional Working Proficiency
- Italian – Elementary Proficiency
TITLES AND HONORS
- Medal of Gratitude from the Royal Palace of Monaco – Awarded by Albert II, Sovereign Prince of Monaco – 2011;
- Honor “Kata” from Dalai Lama – Awarded by Dalai Lama – 2011;
- Medal Brigadeiro Tobias – Awarded by the General Commander of the Military Police in the São Paulo State – 2010;
- Title of Officer of the Order of Rio Branco – Awarded by the President of Brazil – 2009;
- Emeritus Contributor of the Armed Forces – Awarded by the Military General
- Commander in the Southeast – 2008;
- Medal of the United States Secret Service – Awarded by the Chief of the Presidential
- Security Division of the President of the United States of America – 2007;
- Medal of Gratitude of the Presidency of The United States of America – Awarded by the
- President of The United States of America – 2007
- Medal of Gratitude of the Vatican – Awarded by the Pope Benedict XVI – 2007;
- Medal of Honor of the Vatican – Awarded by the Director of the Service of Security and
- Protection of the Gendarmerie – Vatican – 2007; and,
- Medal of the Diamond Jubilee of the Military Department of the Government Palace of the Sao Paulo State – Awarded by the Chief Secretary of the Military Department of the Sao Paulo State- 2007.
While RKA Worldwide Group LLC (USA) and RKA Worldwide do Brasil Consultoria and companies in formation, RKA Worldwide de Colombia SAS, RKA Worldwide de Argentina SA, and RKA Worldwide Security and Protection LLC, employs, associates and contracts with attorneys and CPAs, we are not public accounting firms nor law firms nor are we registered as such.