In today’s complex global business environment, companies face multiple challenges in the areas of fraud, litigation, and regulation. RKA Worldwide provides global forensic investigation and anti-bribery/corruption services to businesses that strive to mitigate risks, maintain high levels of compliance and corporate integrity, and prepare strong defenses against litigation and regulatory inquiries. This kind of support, provided anywhere in the world you need it, makes it possible for you to grow your business globally while navigating the risks of unfamiliar locations and business partners. Fraud alone represents a significant risk, causing corporations to lose about 5% of their revenue, according to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners’ 2018 Report to the Nations, a global fraud study. According to the ACFE, this figure translates to potential global fraud losses approaching $4 trillion, applied to the 2016 Gross World Product.
“Fraud losses not only impact a corporation’s profitability,” says Ariel Ramirez, President & CEO of RKA Worldwide, “they also harm a business’s reputation, destroy corporate culture, and can result in prosecution, large fines, and even debarment from government business. We deliver global solutions that strengthen fraud deterrence, detection, and compliance, and if necessary, assist clients' in the trenches with sophisticated anti-corruption investigative strategies and programs.”
RKA Worldwide luminaries have decades of experience working with the Big Four and other top-tier management consulting firms, Fortune 30, multi-national companies, and foreign governments. We have conducted investigations, compliance and risk advisory engagements in:
North America | Latin America | Asia Pacific | Middle East | Africa | Europe | Mediterranean region
Our experience includes:
Investigating alleged Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) matters and complex financial frauds and related “in-country” and corporate office remediation.
Developing compliance and anti-fraud programs.
Providing dispute resolution and litigation support to in-house and outside legal counsel.
Working with clients—including boards, audit committees, executive management, and counsel to investigate and resolve allegations of fraud, compliance and other misconduct, recommend appropriate remediation, and evaluate and implement anti-fraud programs and control solutions.
Fraud & Special Investigations
- Bribery for example under FCPA, UKBA, Brazil clean company act and Colombia anti-bribery statue, as well as other similar enacted legislation in other countries
- Responding to SEC or other regulatory inquiries and goverment enforcement
- Regulatory investigations
- Compliance reviews and special purpose audits
- Forensic interviewing and interrogation
- Whistleblower allegations triage and retaliation
- Identification of red flags and anomalies
- Anti-money laundering
- Bid rigging and kickbacks
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Anti-money laundering
- Investigative and interview techniques awareness training
- Contract documents compliance reviews
- Contract, procurement, and vendor fraud
- Embezzlement, theft, or asset misappropriation
- Theft or misuse of intellectual property or proprietary information
- Corporate governance violation
- Conflict of interest rate or Illegal gratuities
- Extortion and blackmail
- Loan covenants violation
- Report writing and analysis
- Side letters and unauthorized commitments
- Management of key communications
- Assessment and evaluation related compliance program and/or internal controls
- Background investigations and due-diligence of third parties to support internal investigation and assess ongoing business relationships
ANTI-FRAUD / ANTI-BRIBERY / ANTI-CORRUPTION TRAINING
- Post FCPA, Brazil, and UK Acts, or country-specific remediation and training
- Global risk assessments in high-risk geographies for example with direct government sales or through third-party intermediaries
- Fraud controls Identification of fraud, waste, and abuse
- Red flags of fraud
While RKA Worldwide Group LLC (USA) and RKA Worldwide do Brasil Consultoria and companies in formation, RKA Worldwide de Colombia SAS, RKA Worldwide de Argentina SA, and RKA Worldwide Security and Protection LLC, may employ, associate and/or contract with attorneys and CPAs, we are not public accounting firms nor law firms nor are we registered as such.