Interim Executive Chairman & Senior Executive Advisor - Global Internal Audit,
Interim Global Head and Practice Leader - Risk Management and Internal Audit,
Subject Matter Expert in internal audit, risk management, internal controls over financial reporting, as well as crypto-currency,
Retired Chief Risk Officer (RIC), North America Region, Siemens AG & Principal, Ocean View Advisors, LLC, and
Adjunct Faculty, Rutgers University, School of Business
Florida – United States
Gerard (Rod) Brennan (American citizen), was unanimously appointed (on June 25, 2021) by the Board of RKA Worldwide as Interim Executive Chairman, effective July 1, 2021 and has served as Board member since June 2020. On the same date, he was appointed in addition as Interim Global Head and Practice Leader of the Risk Management and Internal Audit advisory practice, while the firm searches for a permanent replacement. He resides in Florida with his wife.
With leadership presence and residing in the Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and New York metro areas; Miami; Houston; Austin; Atlanta; Columbus; Tampa; Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Quito, Ecuador; Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City; Brisbane, Australia; and Cologne, Germany, the firm principals are repeatedly sought-after in high stakes forensic, integrity services and special investigation, as well as risk, security/executive protection, litigation support, and compliance advisory services. They have worked for or served the world’s largest, most recognized, and respected companies. Together, RKA multi-lingual leaders some which are certified public accountants, accredited business valuators, certified internal auditors and certified fraud examiners, others certified in financial forensics, project management, audit leadership, government and information systems audit, and risk management, licensed attorneys, and personal protection specialists. We have decades of experience as former Fortune 30 senior executives, including CEOs and Board/Audit Committee members, Big4 accounting firm partners, external and internal auditors, compliance advisors, protection and intelligence community personnel, United States federal prosecutors, and state and federal American and foreign law enforcement and armed forces commissioned officers.
Highly accomplished and dynamic Financial Management Executive with a successful 30-year track record developing and administering effective organizational policies and procedures in a high-performance environment. Proficient project leader who aligns financial initiatives to achieve strategic objectives and makes sound judgments based on clear goals of the objectives. Proven strategic thinker who implements training programs and business action plans through effective communication and commitment to integrity. Experience includes strategic and tactical financial management, audit (incl: blockchain / smart contracts / analytics /etc.), finance, IT, risk management and graduate level academic audit teaching & research. Experienced in cross functional leadership bringing strategic focus, technical competence, organizational development and energy to produce bottom line results.
- Public Reporting (GAAP, IFRS)
- SAP Legal Consolidation
- Strategic Planning & Analysis
- SAP Implementation
- Operational Management
- SOC 1 & 2 Type 2 Prep & Reviews
- Team Leadership/ Project Mgmt.
- Audit & Business Development
- Tax Planning & Compliance
- International Business/Turnarounds
- IPO’s/Structured Financing
- IT Governance
- Monitoring/SOX Compliance
- Blockchain/Crypto Assets
- Treasury/Risk Management
- Design / Build automated analytics for block chain & smart contracts providing audit and assurance on private and public distributive ledgers. SOC 1 & 2 (Type 2) preparation and audit support for Fin. Tech Firms
- Published researcher (i.e. AICPA “Pink Book”, Info Sys. Control Journal) and graduate level teaching (Rutgers MBA Program) advanced analytic methods for auditing and business process monitoring.
- Developed and implemented a best in class risk management and internal control process for Siemens Corp. in NA – leveraging ERM to mitigate risks and embrace opportunities.
- Directed worldwide integrated continuous auditing (audit automation) practice for Siemens AG focused on process, culture and technology change leveraging automation to increase impact, detect/prevent fraud and reduce compliance effort/costs.
- Established successful IT Audit Practice in North American for Siemens Corporation. Developed and helped implement continuous auditing research and technology at Siemens in cooperation with Rutgers Univ Continuous Auditing Laboratory (CAR-LAB).
- Created, employed and managed a successful SAP Competency Center serving the Americas for Siemens in support of Legal Consolidation and Management Reporting (SAP BW-BCS). Delivered financial expertise on US / German GAAP consolidations, M&A integrations, SAP consulting, systems support and training.
- CFO for a German Owned manufacturing firm. Successfully led the firm through a major ERP systems installation (SAP system was installed on budget and on time!), full scope audit, year-end closing (US and German GAAP), M&A due diligence, and grooming of incumbent in-house CFO. Initiated and led business development projects to increase sales and EBIT including EXIM bank A/R and sales support, sales & use tax reductions.
- Served part time as Virtual CFO for “The Lightstone Foundation” (non-profit) structuring equity funding models for small businesses in the Appalachian Valley. Developed equity funding methodologies, valuation models and business consulting (Business Plans, Pro-Forma Financials, Grant Applications, etc.) for diverse small businesses in the Appalachian Valley region of the USA.
- Delivered functional integration and process redesign for successful SAP (FI/CO, HR, & Logistics) implementation for a fortune 500 corporation. Provided functional support for $300 million site with 350 employees — including process definitions for several critical legacy system interfaces.
- Managed Accounting and IT functions as Controller for successful business turnarounds and redesigns in manufacturing facilities around the US for a fortune 500 entity – P&L responsibility for up to $300M.
- Controller and Operations manager for high tech directive warehouse and samples and merchandizing systems manufacturing facility with full operations responsibility for 120 union and management personnel as part of a rapid turnaround through “employee involvement”, TOC, Lean, etc.
- Accounting Supervisor and Analyst / Programmer in RPG II design, developed, implemented, and tested financial and production systems used around the world for fortune 500 firm.
- P. Finance for special projects with a startup regional jet manufacturing company: Developed interactive financial planning model for rapid strategic scenario planning and capital funding. Developed IPO implementation strategy (with Big 4 Firm) including: Pro-Forma projections, comprehensive self-audit process, cash management plan, lease financing. Raised commitments for 480 million dollars in first stage funding infusions from around the world. Developed relationships with, Angels, VC’s, Investment Banks and high net-worth private equity investors.
Education & Credentials
- BS University of Maryland School of Business, BS (Emphasis in Finance)
- MBA Governors State Univ. University Park ILL
- PhD. Management Information Systems, Kennedy Western Univ, 2004 – PhD. thesis “ENABLING CONTINUOUS AUDITING WITH INTELLIGENT SOFTWARE” Developed a prototype continuous auditing solution with Rutgers Univ Continuous Auditing Laboratory (CAR-Lab).
- CFE Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE)
While RKA Worldwide Group LLC (USA) and RKA Worldwide do Brasil Consultoria and companies in formation, RKA Worldwide de Colombia SAS, RKA Worldwide de Argentina SA, and RKA Worldwide Security and Protection LLC, employs, associates and contracts with attorneys and CPAs, we are not public accounting firms nor law firms nor are we registered as such.