Consulting Senior Manager, Senior Advisor - Global Compliance & Ethics,
Licensed Brazilian lawyer with extensive Latin America experience,
Subject Matter Expert in the creation, evaluation and revamping of complex compliance and ethics functions and programs; provides interim CCO services, AML, and data privacy, and
English, Portuguese and Spanish bilingual
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Marcella Blok (Brazilian citizen), a licensed attorney in Brazil, is a Senior Manager in RKA’s global ethics and compliance advisory practice with extensive “front-lines” client service experience in compliance program design, compliance operations, and compliance legal advisory. Marcella has full experience in related implementation to Brazilian and foreign companies, Certification ISO 37001 (anti-bribery) and 19600 (anti-corruption), and in promoting competitive advantage to customers (valuing their shares in stock exchanges, as well as criminal, corporate, competitive, economic, international and electronic (data) compliance). She resides with her family in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
With leadership presence and residing in the Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and New York metro areas; Miami; Houston; Austin; Atlanta; Columbus; Tampa; Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Quito, Ecuador; Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City; Brisbane, Australia; and Cologne, Germany, the firm principals are repeatedly sought-after in high stakes forensic, integrity services and special investigation, as well as risk, security/executive protection, litigation support, and compliance advisory services. They have worked for or served the world’s largest, most recognized, and respected companies. Together, RKA multi-lingual leaders some which are certified public accountants, accredited business valuators, certified internal auditors and certified fraud examiners, others certified in financial forensics, project management, audit leadership, government and information systems audit, and risk management, licensed attorneys, and personal protection specialists. We have decades of experience as former Fortune 30 senior executives, including CEOs and Board/Audit Committee members, Big4 accounting firm partners, external and internal auditors, compliance advisors, protection and intelligence community personnel, United States federal prosecutors, and state and federal American and foreign law enforcement and armed forces commissioned officers.
As a legal and compliance consultant, Marcella works on the revision of contracts and assistance in external investigations; audit and due diligence in mergers and acquisitions processes to determine liabilities of corruption; implementation of anonymous reporting policies and prohibition of gifts policy.
As legal advisor, her main duties have included compliance, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations; spin offs and other M&A, Corporate documents, anti-corruption law training to stakeholders in FCPA, UKBA, internal controls, elaboration, negotiation and contracts translation; due diligence, formatting of financial transactions; Intermediation between investors and companies, including startups. Preparation of Legal Opinions in Portuguese, Spanish and English, Corporate Operations, Mergers and Acquisitions, Asset Managements, Private Equities, Consultancy on contractual issues including drafting of legal opinions with analysis of applicable legislation and regulation, as well as drafting and / or review of drafts of any kind of contracts ; Guidance and monitoring of the negotiation process until the signing of the contracts (closing), participation in processes of acquisition or sale of control, as well as purchase and sale of equity interests and constitution and operation of investment companies operating in Brazil and abroad; Formation of structured financial operations and aid in the structuring of public offering; Supervision of the offices agreed to the company; Intermediation between domestic and foreign clients and the company and / or Office; Compliance with regulatory issues to obtain necessary licenses and registrations with competent governmental authorities.
- LLM in Business Law (FGV-RIO) – Final Thesis entitled Deepening Insolvency – approved with full marks and edition into Article published in the Corporate and Bankruptcy Magazine
- Bachelors Degree – Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil- Fellow in 60% of the tuition fee for academic performance (end CR 9.2). Monograph: “Conflict of Interest and Abuse of Voting Rights: Formal or Substantial Criteria?” – approved with full marks and editing in an article published in the Journal of Commercial Law (RDM) vol 155.
VISITING PROFESSOR and LECTURER
- Academic Coordinator – LLM in COMPLIANCE AND CORPORATE INTEGRITY- Unifor (2018)
- Visiting Professor of the subjects “Compliance – international scenario and” Compliance in M&As”
- Visiting Professor – CORPORATE GOVERNANCE, COMPLIANCE AND RESPONSIBILITY- Ibmec SP- LLM in Corporate Law
- Visiting Professor- DUE DILIGENCE, INTERNAL INVESTIGATIONS AND WHISTLEBLOWER- Ibmec SP- LLM in Compliance
- Visiting Professor – CORPORATE LAW (Ibmec SP- LLM IN BUSINESS AND CORPORATE LAW)
- Lecturer – “Crowdfunding applied to renewable energy projects” -Conference Chamber of Deputies, Rome, Italy
- Lecturer – “Prevention of Fraud and Implementation of Compliance Program”- International Compliance Conference. – OAB Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Lecturer- “Latin America Enforcement and Anticorruption Laws”– OAB/RIO
- Lecturer- “Compliance and Ethics”- Estacio de Sá University- Rio de Janeiro
- Lecturer- How to write an Anti-Corruption Policy in the private sector: analysis of real cases- OAB-RJ Anti-Corruption Commission
BOOKS AND ARTICLES AUTHORED BY MARCELLA BLOK:
Book- CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING: MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS, SPIN-OFFS: PRACTICE AND NEGOTIATION ASPECTS- Quartier Latin ed.( August 2014)
Book- COMPLIANCE AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE – Freitas Bastos Ed. (1st edition: march 2017 , 2ª ed february 2018 and 3rd edition, august 2020)
Book- IMPLICATIONS OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES IN CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS IN BALANCE WITH THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY (co-author)
Book- FINANCIAL MARKET – LEGAL STUDIES (Co-author)
Book- NEW LAW OF DISABLED PEOPLE IN BUSINESS LAW ASPECTS (Co-author)
Paper – “Business Judgment Rule”
Paper – “Conflict of Interest and Abuse of Voting Rights in Corporations”
Paper- “Poison Pills: contemporary view”
Paper: Deepening Insolvency
Paper: Insider Trading – unfair use of inside information
Paper – Abuse of Power Control Controlling Shareholder Corporations
Paper – The process of Corporate Concentration and reflexes to the Right of Free Competition in Brazil
Paper- Disregard of Legal Entity: A Contemporary View
Paper- New Anticorruption Law and the importance of Compliance Programs
Paper- Money laundering evolving offshores
Paper- Abuse of power market – Relevant changes derived of Reglamento (UE) 596: Brazilian and Spanish Comparative Law (paper writen in Spanish)
Paper- Reestructuring operations: good solutions to companies in crisis?
Paper- New Arbitration Law (Law 13129) evolved to Corporate Law
While RKA Worldwide Group LLC (USA) and RKA Worldwide do Brasil Consultoria and companies in formation, RKA Worldwide de Colombia SAS, RKA Worldwide de Argentina SA, and RKA Worldwide Security and Protection LLC, may employ, associate and/or contract with attorneys and CPAs, we are not public accounting firms nor law firms nor are we registered as such.