Senior Executive Advisor - Global Investigation and Forensics,
Subject matter expert on fraud, compliance, corporate investigations, anti-bribery/corruption, compliance and ethics program review and development, whistleblower policy and management; specialises in investigative training with a focus on interviewing techniques; conducted and managed investigations in more than 60 countries, and
Formerly with the Australian Attorney-General's Department (counter-terrorism investigator) and the United Nations Office of Internal Oversight (Deputy Director, Investigations Division). Private sector experience includes Siemens AG as Deputy Global Head of Compliance Investigations and Schneider Electric where he conducted and managed investigations and compliance programs
Asia Pacific Region based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Mark Gough (Australian citizen) is a Senior Executive Advisor in Global Investigation and Forensics, based out of Australia. He brings 37 years of experience in complex, serious investigations in both the public and private sectors related to corruption, bribery, fraud and related corporate misconduct, including conflicts of interest and sexual harassment. Also significant experience in corporate ethics and compliance policy development including development of speak-up cultures and whistleblower policy and management. He also specializes in presenting investigative training with a focus on interviewing techniques and has personally conducted and managed investigations in more than 60 countries. He lives in Australia with his family.
With leadership presence and residing in the Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and New York metro areas; Miami; Houston; Austin; Atlanta; Columbus; Tampa; Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Quito, Ecuador; Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City; Brisbane, Australia; and Cologne, Germany, the firm principals are repeatedly sought-after in high stakes forensic, integrity services and special investigation, as well as risk, security/executive protection, litigation support, and compliance advisory services. They have worked for or served the world’s largest, most recognized, and respected companies. Together, RKA multi-lingual leaders some which are certified public accountants, accredited business valuators, certified internal auditors and certified fraud examiners, others certified in financial forensics, project management, audit leadership, government and information systems audit, and risk management, licensed attorneys, and personal protection specialists. We have decades of experience as former Fortune 30 senior executives, including CEOs and Board/Audit Committee members, Big4 accounting firm partners, external and internal auditors, compliance advisors, protection and intelligence community personnel, United States federal prosecutors, and state and federal American and foreign law enforcement and armed forces commissioned officers.
HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERTISE
- Senior investigations and risk executive with significant international experience managing complex, multi-jurisdictional administrative, financial and criminal investigations in both the public and private sectors.
- Expertise in establishment and management of an investigation office and the development of systems, structures, and tools to foster organizational change, build capabilities, and embed a compliance culture.
- Significant contributor to establishment of the first independent investigations office at the United Nations. Provided technical advice to international organizations such as the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, the World Food Program, the Food and Agriculture Organization, and the International Atomic Energy Agency on best practices for the creation of oversight/compliance functions to reduce misconduct and assist in risk management issues specific to those entities. Recruited by Siemens AG to create a compliance investigations function because of large-scale corruption being identified at the company by USA and European law enforcement authorities. A senior Compliance Team member of the revamped compliance function at Siemens and contributed to the creation of a world class system.
- Accomplished manager of large administrative investigation caseloads, able to plan and manage large scale, complex investigations, especially task-force activities. Conducted and managed administrative investigations in more than 60 countries across six continents including sexual harassment/abuse cases. Extensive experience in leading, motivating and supporting multi-disciplinary teams conducting administrative investigations.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and demonstrated success in building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Significant experience in dealing with national governments and international governmental bodies on budgetary, operational compliance policy and general investigative issues.
- Able to develop strategies to minimise potential criminal, civil and reputational harm and mitigate regulatory problems for both public and private sector organizations. Significant experience in developing and implementing whistleblower protection policies and managing confidentiality issues arising from the relationship.
- Regional Compliance Officer, East Asia, Japan and Pacific, Global Governance Team
Siemens AG, Legal and Compliance
- Regional Head, Regulatory Governance, Compliance Case Handling, Asia and Australia
- Director, Compliance Investigations for Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Deputy Head, Compliance Investigations
United Nations Investigations Division, Office of Internal Oversight Services
- Deputy Director
- Chief, Peacekeeping and Tribunals Investigation Unit
- Investigator/Team Leader, New York and Kenya
Australian Federal Attorney General’s Department
- Queensland State Manager, Brisbane
- Counter-terrorism Investigator, Sydney
Bachelor of Arts, International Politics/History (double major)
University of New England, Armidale, NSW, Australia
While RKA Worldwide Group LLC (USA) and RKA Worldwide do Brasil Consultoria and companies in formation, RKA Worldwide de Colombia SAS, RKA Worldwide de Argentina SA, and RKA Worldwide Security and Protection LLC, may employ, associate and/or contract with attorneys and CPAs, we are not public accounting firms nor law firms nor are we registered as such.