Senior Executive Advisor to the firm, and
Subject Matter Expert in Government Contracts, Investigations and Litigation Support
11710 Plaza America Drive, Suite 300
Reston, VA 20190 USA
Mike Smigocki (American citizen) is a Senior Advisor to the Firm on government contracts, investigations and litigation support and a nationwide know SME on related matters. He resides in Maryland with his family.
With leadership presence and residing in the Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and New York metro areas; Miami; Houston; Austin; Atlanta; Columbus; Tampa; Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Quito, Ecuador; Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City; Brisbane, Australia; and Cologne, Germany, the firm principals are repeatedly sought-after in high stakes forensic, integrity services and special investigation, as well as risk, security/executive protection, litigation support, and compliance advisory services. They have worked for or served the world’s largest, most recognized, and respected companies. Together, RKA multi-lingual leaders some which are certified public accountants, accredited business valuators, certified internal auditors and certified fraud examiners, others certified in financial forensics, project management, audit leadership, government and information systems audit, and risk management, licensed attorneys, and personal protection specialists. We have decades of experience as former Fortune 30 senior executives, including CEOs and Board/Audit Committee members, Big4 accounting firm partners, external and internal auditors, compliance advisors, protection and intelligence community personnel, United States federal prosecutors, and state and federal American and foreign law enforcement and armed forces commissioned officers.
Mike is the Founder and Senior Managing Director of the management consulting and forensic accounting Firm of Federal Strategies Group, LLC (“FSG”). Prior to founding the Firm, he was the National Managing Director of the Government Contractor Services Group of American Express Tax & Business Services, Inc. (“TBS”), the ninth largest accounting and consultancy firm in the United States at that time. American Express had acquired the CPA and forensic accounting firm of which he was the co-founder and managing shareholder called Pugliese & Smigocki, P.C. He provides management consulting, forensic accounting, financial and regulatory consulting, valuation and M&A advisory, as well as litigation support and expert testimony services.
Mike is also a member in good standing of the following organizations: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants; Procurement Law Section of the American Bar Association – Associate Member; Committee Member of the American Bar Association’s Cost, Price & Analysis Committee; National Contract Management Association; and the Institute of Management Accountants. He was one of the Founders, and was a Board Member and Chairman of the Legislative and Regulatory Committee of the non-profit organization SECAF (Small & Emerging Contractor Advisory Forum), a group devoted to assisting small and emerging contractors succeed in the federal marketplace. I am also a member of the Government Contractor Committee of the MACPA, the Executive Editor of the publication Federal Strategic Insights, a contributing columnist to the publication Set Aside Alert, a course instructor for numerous FSG and other entity-sponsored courses, and was an adjunct professor at Montgomery College. He is a graduate of the American Express Leadership Effectiveness Advancement Program (“LEAP”), a two-year program for only selected individuals, designed to train and develop the next leaders of the Company. Finally, he is a Senior Mentor in the MBA Program for the University of Maryland’s Smith Business School.
Mike is a graduate of the University of Maryland with a B.S. degree in Accounting and is a Certified Public Accountant practicing in the State of Maryland and a CPA Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV). He has attended numerous courses that have provided extensive specialized training in various subjects relevant to his practice.
Nationally, Mike is a frequent speaker and have had many articles published which he authored on a variety of issues.
During my 30+ years of experience in forensic accounting and consultancy, I have been extensively involved in the following areas:
- Financial statement audits, reviews and compilations of both publicly-traded and privately-held companies.
- Forensic accounting engagements and fraud investigations.
- Agreed-upon procedures to specified elements of financial statements, internal controls and regulatory compliance matters.
- Litigation support and expert testimony services.
- Forecasts and projections of company operations, contracts, and indirect rates.
- Income tax planning and preparation for corporations, partnerships and individuals.
- Mergers and acquisitions of companies and divisions of companies as well as sell-side and buy-side consulting.
Consulting services to the government contracting industry including:
- Cost allowability and allocability issues under the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Design and implementation of shareholder value maximization programs.
- Buy-side and sell-side representation services
- Cost accounting system evaluations and implementations
- Cost proposal preparation and pricing strategies
- DCAA, IG, and Agency auditor liaison
- Indirect rate model development and optimization
- Fraud investigations and qui tam matters
- Business valuations and litigation matters involving valuation issues
- Bid protest support services
- Claim analysis, preparation and support services
- Damage modeling and analysis in breach of contract matters
- Post merger/acquisition related litigation
- ADR and other mediation services
- Budgeting, business plan preparation, and forward pricing reviews
- Compensation reviews and operational audits
- Policy and procedure manual development, review and implementation
While RKA Worldwide Group LLC (USA) and RKA Worldwide do Brasil Consultoria and companies in formation, RKA Worldwide de Colombia SAS, RKA Worldwide de Argentina SA, and RKA Worldwide Security and Protection LLC, employs, associates and contracts with attorneys and CPAs, we are not public accounting firms nor law firms nor are we registered as such.