CPA, CFE, CFF, PFS, CFP
Senior Executive Advisor, Global Investigation & Forensics,
Subject Matter Expert in Forensic Accounting and Investigation, and
Head of Northeast Region Formation
11710 Plaza America Drive, Suite 300
Reston, VA 20190 USA
Norman Roth (American citizen) is the National Practice Leader of the Northeast Region, Head of Northeast firm formation and is a nationwide known SME on investigative topics and litigation support matters. He lives in New Jersey with his family.
With leadership presence and residing in the Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and New York metro areas; Miami; Houston; Austin; Atlanta; Columbus; Tampa; Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Quito, Ecuador; Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City; Brisbane, Australia; and Cologne, Germany, the firm principals are repeatedly sought-after in high stakes forensic, integrity services and special investigation, as well as risk, security/executive protection, litigation support, and compliance advisory services. They have worked for or served the world’s largest, most recognized, and respected companies. Together, RKA multi-lingual leaders some which are certified public accountants, accredited business valuators, certified internal auditors and certified fraud examiners, others certified in financial forensics, project management, audit leadership, government and information systems audit, and risk management, licensed attorneys, and personal protection specialists. We have decades of experience as former Fortune 30 senior executives, including CEOs and Board/Audit Committee members, Big4 accounting firm partners, external and internal auditors, compliance advisors, protection and intelligence community personnel, United States federal prosecutors, and state and federal American and foreign law enforcement and armed forces commissioned officers.
Norman has over 25 years of experience with both public and private accounting firms. He has provided forensic and accounting services to a myriad of companies, and has expertise in the areas of royalty compliance, contract dispute resolution, accounting malpractice, internal controls, securities, and accounting issues. He has assisted counsel at depositions, in preparing damage calculations, and in document review.
He is the Controller for a major American corporation based in NJ. He focuses on Forensic Investigation, Anti-Bribery/Corruption Services mostly on complex accounting matters. He has served as chief financial officer (CFO). He has served as chief financial officer (CFO) for the nonprofit organizations of Special Dragons and Dream Teen, and as an associate of a financial and litigation support firm where he worked on major litigation cases involving Fortune 100 companies. As an associate, Norman directed all aspects of engagements from document review to expert report preparation. He also assisted counsel in preparing for depositions. As a consulting expert, Norman has assisted counsel in understanding accounting and tax matters and has prepared analyses for counsel’s use. Prior to this role, he served as senior manager at EY LLP, a Big Four firm, and was responsible for major audits. Subsequent to EY, Norman served as CFO of a WWOR-TV, a major television station with $175 million in revenue. At WWOR-TV, Norman was responsible for all aspects of the station’s finances and assisted in establishing a second station in Baltimore, WUTB-TV, where he also served as CFO.
FORENSIC LITIGATION AND SUPPORT ASSIGNMENTS
- Assisted a $1 billion SEC registrant restate three years of financial statements.
- Assisted an international media company and plaintiff counsel with a royalty contract investigation that covered seven years of data.
- Performed liability and economic damage analyses and provided litigation support for an investor when a lender made improper loans.
- Performed liability and economic damage analyses and provided litigation support regarding a pension plan that was not audited appropriately.
- Engaged to refute personal injury damages due to a business owner as a result of an accident.
- Engaged to calculate appropriate severance and bonus arrangements under an employee contract for a company officer terminated as a result of a takeover.
- Engaged to defend audit malpractice claims of accounting firms.
- Determined settlement of former law firm partners due to dissolution. The accounts of the law firm were converted from the cash basis of accounting to the accrual basis.
- Assisted client in a worker’s compensation audit whereby the State of New York had brought suit for noncooperation.
- Performed economic damage analyses under a boxing contract.
- Calculated economic damage analyses for a reinsurance company due to a breach of contract.
- Assisted plaintiff’s counsel of a governmental agency to determine if an operator reported and remitted its fees and charges in accordance with the terms of a permit.
- Assisted defense counsel in a claim against a partner in a CPA firm regarding financial planning advice given to the client.
- Refuted an expert’s calculation of economic damages for a construction contractor and a dredging operator.
- Assisted plaintiff’s counsel in calculating damages in a deceptive acts and practices, tortuous interference and unfair competition matter in the retail industry.
- Assisted counsel in a lender liability matter involving solvency and valuation issues.
- Assisted plaintiff’s counsel in audit malpractice claims against Big Four accounting firms involving audits of international companies.
- Assisted counsel to defend a CEO charged with failing to institute internal controls for a quasi-government agency.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, OTHER
- B.A., Taxation, Fairleigh Dickinson University Teaneck, NJ
- A., Accounting, Rutgers College, New Brunswick, NJ
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP), College for Financial Planning
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Accounting Advisory Committee, Bergen Community College
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
While RKA Worldwide Group LLC and RKA Worldwide do Brasil Consultoria and our subsidiaries in formation, RKA Worldwide de Colombia SAS, RKA Worldwide de Argentina SA, and RKA Worldwide Security and Protection LLC, employs, associates and contracts with attorneys and CPAs, we are not registered public accounting firms nor law firms nor are we registered as such.